Friday, July 21, 2006

Make-up Junkie

I have a confession to make. I am a make-up junkie. There…I said it.

I have lots and lots of make-up I can’t use, most of which just end up in the trash. Whenever I have some money left and I’m feeling depressed, I immediately go to make-up counters (SM, Rustan’s, even Mercury and Watson’s will do) in order to lift my mood. I eventually end up buying stuff I won’t really need anyway. Honestly, how much make-up does a girl really need?

My main obsession is lipsticks. There are days when I want to feel vampy and I put on the red lipstick (“Red” by Bobbi Brown); when I want to go natural I use a pinkish brown shade (“Spirit” by MAC or “Crystal Rose” by Estee Lauder); and when I want to look natural but with a little bit of color, I put on a rose shade (“Soft Rose” by Bobbi Brown). I gave away most of my lipsticks (sniff…sniff…) because others can still put it to good use before they turn rancid, and still, around 20 tubes are left inside my “Caboodle” box. I plan on keeping all of them. I even had a bet with a close friend of mine that I will not buy lipstick this year. I was able to keep my end of the bargain…until June, that is. I also love blushes…I have the cream, gel and the powder kind. But the blush which always gets the most compliment is the powder blush by Bobbi Brown with a rosy shade.

One of my dreams is to own a cosmetic company someday. Boy…that would be the day! I almost forgot about that dream of mine until Eric, a close friend of mine, reminded me about it during one of our dinner get-togethers. He said I should never let go of that dream. The people we meet along the way, the experiences we encounter…they all help us toward making our dreams a realization. In the meantime, until that day comes when I have saved enough capital to put up a cosmetic company, I should never quit my day job.

1 comment:

ladybug said...

Hi Pinay New Yorker! Thanks for the helpful tip. I would like to try it one of these days. Thanks also for the encouragement. It's so nice to find new friends while blogging. I would also like to wish you good luck in your future plans. God bless!