Wednesday, July 26, 2006

My recipe for comfort on a rainy day in Manila...

What can I tell you….it’s been raining like hell in Metro Manila for the past three days. For a short while this afternoon, I finally saw some dry patches of land. So, my hubby and I (by the way, we both stayed home today since I was not feeling well and hubby decided to take care of me…sweet noh) went to the supermarket for a while to get some groceries. On our way out, hubby bought 2 shawarmas for our merienda.

When we got home, hubby and I excitedly opened our shawarmas with the gusto of an eagle attacking its prey. To our dismay, the shawarma looked like this...
Grabe…super konti ng sahog. Anyway, what can you expect for 45 pesos or approximately US$0.90. Despite the small serving, hubby definitely enjoyed his shawarma, so I let him have the rest of mine since I was on a diet.

After eating the shawarma, hubby went back to sleep. Sarap kasing matulog pag busog, di ba? So with nothing left to do, I decided to cook pasta for our dinner. I went with linguine in white sauce since there were lots of all-purpose cream left in the cupboard. I left out the eggs which are usually included in my standard version since I had to be health conscious. Here is a picture of the finished product.

Ingredients: minced onion, olive oil, bacon (prosciuttos are hard to come by in this part of the world), all-purpose cream, chicken broth and parmesan cheese.

Enjoy!

Tag Category: Recipe

2 comments:

Manang said...

shawarma is one thing I would like to learn how to make, esp here where we have lots of beef...
I did like one particular shawarma that I tasted in PI, one with tomatoes roasted first then mashed over the shreds of beef before wrapping. I am not sure, though, how the beef is prepared.

ladybug said...

manang> my husband loves shawarma. I would love to learn how to make shawarma too but it's too much hassle to cook for one person only. :-)